Friday, April 23, 2010

Back To Back Anniverseries

As we wind down the month of April, I look forward to next week and the coming anniversaries of two very important events in my life.

The first comes on 28 April marking 11 years of service to this great country of ours.  While that's certainly a huge chunk of time, it still feels like yesterday that I was stepping off the plane in San Antonio, TX about to embark on something that would radically change my life forever.  Through good times and bad.  Through 4 assignments and various trips around the country.  I'm proud to have worn the uniform of the United States Air Force for these last 11 years and look forward to the experiences that the next 9 years will bring.

Airman Basic Warshaw trying to be serious around his Uncle Wayne after just graduating from Air Force Basic Training. June 1999.

The day after though, 29 April, is the most important anniversary in my life.  This is the day 4 years ago that I married my soul mate.  This marriage was the culmination of 8 years of friendship (with two years of dating towards the end).  They often say that when looking for a companion, we miss that which is right under our nose.  That would definitely describe how things were with Kristin and I before we decided to start dating.  Finally towards the end of my tour in Korea in early 2004 I finally pulled my head out of my backside (Kristin always laughs when I put it this way) and ask her if we could start dating.

Never before had I met anyone who completed me so perfectly.  Kristin is one of a few people (I know my Momma is reading this...lol) with who I can completely and totally be myself, no matter what.  There are so many things we have in common, yet many things we do not at all and that's what makes our relationship so good.  I certainly didn't want a carbon copy of myself.  Regardless of what we do it's always a good time.  Whether wandering around the Irish countryside in search of castles and other ruins to check out or simply sitting on the couch watching a movie together I just love being with her.

Being out here and away from her makes me feel like I left half of myself back in the states.  Spending our anniversary apart this year is definitely a bummer,  but I keep going because I know I have her love and she has mine.  It's definitely for her and Katrina that I do this.

I love you my sweetheart.  Very simply and very truly.  Now until the end of time.


That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Current song playing: "Dance on a Volcano" by Genesis

1 comment:

  1. You can be yourself around me too.

    Oh and you're not the only one that doesn't want a carbon copy of you running around.

    ReplyDelete