Friday, October 21, 2011

My Little Railfan Buddy

I got off from work fairly early today, so I decided that it was time for a much needed visit trackside with my daughter, Katrina. She loves trains and I've been wanting to take her for awhile, but life has been crazy for the past month or so. I'm glad we made it out today though. We both had a blast hanging out at the Odenton MARC station and snuggling to mitigate the effects of the wind. She was thrilled every time a train would pass and I loved watching her face as they did. She was particularly fascinated by the Acela train sets that would zip through the station at over 100 mph. When we weren't watching trains go by, we would pass the time singing silly songs and imagining where all the other people at the station might be coming from and going to. It did my soul good to spend that time with her and I'm looking forward to the next time we get a chance to.

No comments:

Post a Comment