Saturday, October 1, 2011

For The Love Of October

Finally after many months, October is here again. Of all the months out of the year, October is my favorite month of the year. Sure it is the month of my birth, but there are so many more reasons I love this month.

First, there is the weather. September often holds onto heat from August, and November generally marks the change to winter temperatures, at least in this region. October on the other hand seems to strike that perfect balance. Chilly evenings and cool or mildly warm days. Indeed October is a great month for campfires, bonfires and any other fire that you choose to gather around with family and friends. Second, there is the fall foliage. Trees ablaze with many beautiful colors seem to abound in October. I'm not sure yet how Maryland will be, but growing up in New Jersey, fall color always seemed to peak in this month.

This October 1st is a rainy one, but I'm enjoying it just as much as I would a sunny one. I love rainy, fall days. Perhaps it has to do with the weather at the time of my birth. My mom often relates how it was a cold and rainy October 25th when I entered the world at the Jersey Shore Medical Center in Neptune, NJ. I hope everyone has a great October. I'm looking forward to bonfires and photographing trains with a beautiful backdrop of colored leaves. :~)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment