Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Back On The Job

19 March 2011. That was the last date I ran a fire call with the Sumter Fire Department in rural Sumter County, South Carolina. Roughly a week and a few days later, I was packed up and leaving South Carolina for the final time to begin my new assignment with the Air Force in central Maryland. About 307 days later (this Friday) I should finally be running calls again, this time with the Odenton Volunteer Fire Company.

I'm so ready. In firefighting, I have found a true calling and I have truly missed it. Staying back at the station while watching others go on calls has been frustrating to say the least. From being able to serve others to the camaraderie that is found in few places outside of military service, this is where I'm meant to be. I'm glad I finally have a chance to get back into it. I'm ready to learn new things and sharpen those skills that have been going dull over the last 10 months.

Look out folks. Firefighter Warshaw is back on the job!



Just like it is time to dust off my firefighting skills, it is also time to dust off this blog for the new year. Look for more posts in the near future.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment