Monday, May 10, 2010

Staying The Course

The advice in the title is something I am trying desperately to follow, but as the time slowly creeps closer to going home for my 15 day R&R I find myself getting more and more anxious for the time to pass.  I desperately need to see Kristin & Katrina.  Being away for this long is definitely a lot more difficult than I ever could have imagined when I undertook this venture.

As much as it sucks though (no better way to put it), I know that this is ultimately for the betterment of the three of us.  Kristin and I have been tired of living in debt.  We're now on our way out thanks to the extra money that this deployment brings.  For the first time, we're feeling that burden slowly lift. 

Another way this makes life better for us in the long run is that it gets us an assignment to Maryland.  It has been a long 6 years in South Carolina.  Overall, SC has been a great place to live, but 6 years at Shaw AFB has left me wanting a change of scenery.   In addition to needing a new assignment, after living outside of the Mid Atlantic region for a few years, I'm ready to be back.  Kristin and I both are.  It's where we're from and were we feel at home.  Of course, wanting Katrina to be close to her extended family is a big reason as well.

So I'll stay the course (have no choice anyway at this point...lol) and look forward to seeing my family soon.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Current song playing:  "Daydreamer" by Maze of Time

No comments:

Post a Comment