Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Couple of Poems

This post is my effort to start updating my blog regularly again. After January, I haven't been the greatest about posting. My aim is to turn that around.

With that in mind, I've actually written a couple of small poems lately. I present them here for your reading pleasure.


Half & Half

Half light
Half dark
Half crazy
Half sane
Mind racing
Ever chasing
That elusive dream

To be who I could
To be what I was
Senses collide
As emotion departs
I am at once here
Then altogether gone

Conforming Individually

All for one
And one for all
All the same
A part of the game

Marching to the beat
Of their own drum
While subconsciously submitting
To the collective’s chosen path

The reach for individuality
Becomes the new conformity
All look the same
In the quest to be different


That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment