Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Great Weekend Ahead

{EAV_BLOG_VER:defcd53620fc2c13}

Today is going to be a great day. First, my brother Brian and his family are driving down from Delaware to spend a few hours with us. It will be nice to enjoy some food and fellowship with them. It is also good for Katrina to get a chance to spend some time with her cousins. Of course when family comes to visit, I pull out all the stops when it comes to food, and today is no exception. In a little while, I'll be firing up the grill and throwing on a couple of sirloin steaks. Once they're done, they'll get sliced thin and served on toasted Italian bread with homemade garlic butter (using real Irish butter as the base).

Tonight we're headed to see some friends and enjoy a bonfire, pumpkin cupcakes and some spiced wine. I've also picked up some Post Road Pumpkin Ale from Brooklyn Brewery. I can't wait to crack open a bottle and enjoy it with a Cohiba cigar.

Now with the bonfire happening tonight, I wish the weather would turn a little cooler. Yesterday marked the first day of fall, but other than last week, the weather has not really felt like it. I'm ready for cooler temperatures and colored leaves. Fall has been and always will be my favorite time of year. I guess that comes from being an October baby. According to my mom, it was quite the cool, rainy day when I came into this world.

I hope everyone out there in intraweb land has a great weekend with whatever you decide to get into! 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

 Listening to "Crack the Meter" by Jordan Rudess

No comments:

Post a Comment